While the whole world is opening to you by means of online travel pages it is very strange to think that someone would enjoy spending his holidays, year over year, at the same place and doing the same things. Though when you need more rest, more peace and more relax the best option is to go to a well known place with things you like and commodities you have tested where you can recharge your batteries with calm and relief.
If anything serves you as a consolation, a survey has been made in England some years ago and it ensures that 91% of adults aged over 50 prefer to go to the same place during family vacations.
But it’s not all story, many psychologists think that the happiest memories of childhood go back to that place where you used to spend unforgettable moments year after year. Most parents are anxious to change their travel destinations every summer and take their kids to exotic places while what most children really want is a known and familiar place, specially, those small ones.
So, Let’s Start with Our Top Tips for Those Who Choose to Go to the Same Place for Vacations:
- So take your children and your parents to the same house on a beach, in the mountains or beside a beautiful lake. Happy children, happy parents-in-laws, maybe that’s a good equation for you to be happy as well.
- If don’t have a house o any other real estate yet, consider buying one at site, it is a good investment if you really want to make this place your “family place”.
- Make friends with local people and those who regularly come on vacations to the place. It will be a marvelous opportunity to establish casual, “non business” social relations.
- Find out everything about history and attractions of your new local community. Are there any natural centers, parks, museums or any other relatively inexpensive places to visit within a walking distance?
- Take a car and explore more distant, but still interesting locations. Enjoy small natural and cultural surprises that you come across.
- Be Italian, don’t forget that food is one of your main pleasures, discover local popular places to eat and enjoy them. Every day eat something different or become fan of some exquisite local specialty.
- Look for a place to relax, it may be a local pub or a spa saloon. Anyway, sometimes you would want to escape from your family.
- Start practicing some hobby that always interested you, but you never had time to perform. This can be the ideal time to start painting or to assemble planes to scale.
- It is also time for family activities and games to have fun together. Buy some funny games and use this opportunity for family team-building.
- Well, if you never have had enough time to start watching Breaking Bad or some other “must” serial, it’s right time for it.
And remember, do not do anything. Simply “be a vegetable.” Indulge yourself. When you are very tired and your body implores you to sleep, just do it.